Bonjour lovelies! Sorry, I’ve been sipping on too much coffee today and I am feeling a little punchy. One of the biggest decisions I made a few weeks ago was to hire an intern, Kendra’s call was a complete wake up call for me. I wanted a local intern, I needed an intern but I just wasn’t ready to settle for anyone to do the job. MME is my baby, one that I’ve cared and nurtured for quite some time and I wasn’t ready to put pieces of it into the hands of others or give away my trade secrets for that fact. None the less I agreed to meet Kendra, I needed to see that she was just as passionate a learner as I was many moons ago when I was interning. To my absolute surprise she was, this girl is a breath of fresh air and I’m so glad I scooped her up for MME.
Once she was hired I decided that I wanted Kendra to experience much of what my clients do when they book MME services. I created a custom made kit just for her and one that screams welcome aboard! Here’s the skinny on my reasoning…
Intern Welcome Kit contains the following:
- A “Hello” thank you note from me. I know that being in a service related industry or being an intern can at times seem like a thankless job, but I wanted her to know how grateful I am for her assistance this wedding season.
- A journal to write down notes, I know this one is a little on the smaller side however I absolutely plan to upgrade Kendra and I to a fancy pants working journal/calendar/daily gratitude reminder (….you know who I’m talking about here!)
- A noise maker to celebrate when she books her first wedding!
- A DIY canvas tote to carry random thing she’ll need (one must always have a crochet needle, trust me!)
- A cute change purse to hold business cards
- And a bottle of glitter champagne to pop open at the end of the wedding season!
Interns are incredible and although Kendra and I have only been working together for such a short time, I already feel like she’s making my life a lot easier. As a small business owner I know first hand how hard it is to give up control and at the same time how much it’s needed. I am so very excited friends and I can’t wait for all of you to “meet” Kendra!